Become inspired by texture photography. The key to a beautiful texture is the combination of interesting patterns, vibrant colors and a good depth. Are you willing to take the challenge? Participate in our second ESARQ Instagram competition for a chance to win a fabulous prize!
Texture is all around us and in almost everything we touch and see. From paint peeling off a brick wall to a knotted oak desk. Textured surfaces not only make things around us more interesting, they make for great subjects in photos. For the next few weeks your task is to go out with your mobile phone camera and capture something that shows off texture. Everything has it so it may seem easy but don’t be fooled! The prize will go to the person that can showcase it in the most creative and beautiful way!
To ensure your entry is accepted please check that it has met the following criteria:
1. – You must be an ESARQ student in the current academic year or your entry will not be accepted.
2. – You can submit as many photos as you like.
3. – You must be the copyright owner and author of the photograph.
4. – Please ensure that your entry matches the theme of this ESARQ Instagram competition.
5. – You must use Instagram on your mobile device in all photos.
6. – You are free to use filters and touch-ups.
Unfortunately if your entry has not met the criteria above it will not be eligible.
How to enter
1. – Download the Instagram app for iPhone or Android. Make sure your profile is public so we can see your entries.
2. – Follow @ESARQ_UIC’s Instagram Account on Instagram and Facebook.
3. – Upload the photo to Instagram and use the following hashtags: #ESARQtexturas, #textures, #ESARQ_UIC and #architecture.
4. – Tag @ESARQ_UIC in the ‘Tag People’ field. ( How to? See illustration below)
5-Dec-13 – Instagram Competition #2 STARTS
12-Dec-13 – best photo of the week announcement
19-Dec-13 – best photo of the week announcement
6-Jan-14 – last day to submit photos
7-Jan-14 – best photos during Christmas holidays
9-Jan-14 – 5 finalists announcement
14-Jan-14 – Winner announcement on Facebook and Instagram
There will be a total of 5 photos:
– 4 best photos of the week
– 1 other photo selected by the jury
We will also take into consideration the number of “Like”s a photo has had. Especially if there are two finalists with the same votes. In that case, the photo that has got more “Like”s will win.
The jury, consisting of professional photographer and ESARQ’s associate professor Aitor Estevez Olaizola, Jordi Roviras, ESARQ’s professor in construction, and Marta Poch, ESARQ’s Director of Cultural Affairs and Publications, will look for creative and original images.
We are giving away one hour access to the laser cutter free of charge to one lucky winner!
If you have any doubts please post a comment below.
Stay synched and good luck!
By Mia Pujol and ESARQ_UIC Team